Tribolube 71 (2oz/57g syringe) Oxygen Use Lubricant
The Aerospace Lubricants Tribolube® line of lubrication products are designed specifically for scuba diving applications.
- Tribolube® lubrication products are designed specifically for scuba diving applications
- Provides superior extreme pressure and anti-wear properties - extends equipment life by reducing corrosion
- Synthetic lubricant that is chemically inert, oxygen-compatible, non-migrating, odorless, and non-toxic
- Designed for both open-circuit & closed-circuit diving systems - compatible with all materials used in scuba
- Offers significantly reduced residue buildup in comparison to other oxygen compatible lubricants
With over 35 years of background science, Tribolube offers superior extreme pressure and anti-wear properties, thus extending equipment life by reducing wear and corrosion. Tribolube is a synthetic lubricant that is chemically inert, oxygen-compatible, non-migrating, odorless, and non-toxic. Tribolube 71 is designed for both open-circuit & closed-circuit diving systems and is compatible with all o-ring seals and materials used in the scuba industry. Tribolube also offers significantly reduced residue buildup in comparison to other oxygen compatible lubricants.
While oxygen compatible materials typically have higher temperatures of ignition than hydrocarbons, nearly all oxygen compatible lubricants and O-rings can still serve as fuel in the kindling chain of an oxygen fire. An unwelcome side effect of oxygen compatibility is when the materials do burn, their combustion by products can be extremely toxic gases. The use of oxygen compatible materials does not eliminate the need to always follow best practices for oxygen handing, including avoiding contamination and opening valves slowly.