Learn to Dive PADI Open Water Course
PADI Open Water Course
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
Experience the wonders of our oceans, lakes and rivers. Diving exposes us to like minded people and so you can make new friends, both human and aquatic when you learn to dive with us.
Not only will you enjoy seeing lots of aquatic animals, some may come and say hello, some will shy away from you as we are pretty big, but you will also enjoy the feeling of flying when you swim neutrally buoyant above the bottom stopping occasionally to look around.
This course is just the beginning of a great journey, so whether you want to sight see, take photos, explore or collect sea food, this is the starting point in that journey.
Why choose Dive Now to start your Underwater Adventure?
- Become a licensed scuba diver by the end of the course, no prior experience required
- Your PADI qualification is recognised worldwide
- Breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget)
- Train using the best quality equipment at Northlands Largest 5 Star PADI Dive Centre
- Dive the world famous Poor Knights Islands as part of your course
- Get 3 full gear rentals to use after your course (worth $360)!
- We have our own indoor on-site training pool and changing facilities with showers
- We train in small groups with a max of 6 students per instructor
- We have top end dive gear for you to use as part of the course. All you need to get is a mask and snorkel (we can size you up for the correct mask and snorkel, plus you get a student discount!)
- Neutral buoyancy training, no kneeling on the bottom nonsense
- Location in central Whangarei with on-site training pool
- Dry Suit option for those of you who feel the chill
- PLUS we offer all of our students a discount on all dive equipment bought from us
What to expect on your course
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases. The first is Knowledge Development, which covers everything you need to know about basic techniques, terminology and safety procedures in scuba diving.
The second is Confined Water Dives, which are training sessions conducted in our on-site pool. This gives you the opportunity to get used to the gear you'll be using and practice the basic skills of diving and techniques to keep you safe.
The third is your Open Water Dives. This is what it's all about - you'll make your first dives in the ocean! During four dives, you'll perform various skills under water and on the surface to make sure you're a safe and competent diver. The training portion usually only takes up the first part of the dive, meaning that you will get to spend a big part of your time diving with your instructor and exploring the underwater world. And the best part is that you'll do the final 2 dives at the world famous Poor Knights Islands!
As soon as your open water training dives are approved by your instructor you will be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver! This means you will be allowed to dive anywhere in the world down to 18 meters, lifelong!
STANDARD COURSE SCHEDULE
Home study (8 -10 hours)
|Open Water Diver Course eLearning (Theory).|
Monday night 5.30PM - 10.00 PM
|Theory re-enforcement and introduction to the equipment. Swim test and snorkelling|
|Wednesday night 5.30PM - 10.00 PM||First Pool Session on SCUBA. Skills circuit|
|Monday night 5.30PM - 10.00 PM||Second Pool Session on SCUBA, more skills and gaining confidence|
|Saturday, Times to be confirmed||Two Open Water ocean dives, (lake, if the sea conditions are unfavorable). Times will vary depending on tides and the dive site. Usually a 6 hour day.|
|Sunday 7.00AM - 5.30 PM||Two Open Water dives at the famous Poor Knights islands, (valued at $219).|