Mares M3ERGE 5mm Open Cell Freedive Suit
- New 3 material design with an elastic fabric between the neoprene layers.
- The inner layer of Open Cell neoprene offers great thermal benefits with its elastic and hydrodynamic design.
- The preformed cut ensures excellent fit and comfort.
- The black camouflage panels help the spearo blend in to the surrounding.
- Soft borders with folded smooth neoprene on the wrists, waist and ankles.
- Large Anti-Slip chest pad with a neoprene shock absorber inside and reinforced knees.
- Anti Slip pads on the back of the jacket to help the weight belt grip.
We took this suit to Fiordland for a quick try in 2020. The sizing I would say is on the smaller size, my medium frame squeezed into a size 4. The leggings are not long johns and so there was an initial ingress of water (a frigid 10 degrees C), but this went away within a minute. Then the 2 piece 5mm handled the limited testing we gave it very well.
If required we can mix and match the sizing.
Open Cell Wetsuit Care
All Open Cell wetsuits require the inside of the suit to be lubricated with water before putting on. If you do not, the suit will pull on your body hair and skin.
Be careful of finger nails on the soft inside of the suit.
Small cuts made from finger nails are best repaired using Aquaseal FD.
As suits get more stretchy and even more comfortable, they become slightly more prone to damage. To help avoid this Do Not use soapy water to lubricate your suit as this can cause excessive stretch on the suit if you move around in the suit too much. As an example, if sitting down on the boat the outer suit will stay still on the boat, but you may move inside with any motion of the boat causing stress on the suit.